CALL TODAY TO LEARN MORE!
Ask for John or Susie
Filtration of your pool is extremely important. To be assured that all of your pool water has been filtered, the total gallonage of the pool must be pumped through the filter three times. One long continuous run of your filtration system of 24 hours or more is far more effective than short filtration cycles. Your filter should be cleaned when the pressure indicated by the pressure gauge on top of the filter indicates seven to ten
pounds increase in pressure above the clean pressure.
If you have a DIATOMACEOUS EARTH
FILTER, (uses white powder):
- Filtration time required is 9 to 11 hours daily (all at one time).
- After cleaning your filter, it's necessary to add one 2lb coffee can of DIATOMACEOUS EARTH (D.E.) for every 10 feet of filter grid that the filter contains.
EXAMPLE: 50 sq ft filter = Five 2lb coffee cans of
If you have a CARTRIDGE filter:
- Filtration time required is 10 to 12 hours daily (again, all at one time).
- The cartridge should be replaced or
every 12 to 24 months.
- The addition (through the skimmer) of up to one 2lb coffee can of diatomaceous earth will greatly improve the efficiency of the filter. (NOTE: Diatomaceous earth passing through the filter and going into the pool indicates the need for a new filter cartridge).
If you have a SAND filter:
- Run filter 11 to 13 hours daily (all at one time).
- Adding several ounces of a flocculating agent to the skimmer will increase it’s efficiency.
- Change sand every 4 to 5 years. Tanning oils and lotions quickly contaminate sand to the point that NO filtration occurs. The pump continues to circulate the water, but without accomplishing proper filtration.
you are still experiencing cloudy water after following
the above recommendations, run this simple filter
test; turn your filter on and let it run for 24 to
48 continuous hours. If you do not see a marked
improvement in the clarity of your water within 24 hours
or the water is not completely clear in 48 hours, your
filter is not holding back the material that is making
the water cloudy. Repair or replacement of the filtering
element is needed.
PLEASE NOTE: THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE REDUCTION IN POOL FILTRATION HAVE A MOTIVATION THAT IS NOT IN YOUR BEST INTEREST! PROPER FILTRATION IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR PROPER POOL CARE!
When your solar system is in operation, the flow of water through your filter can be reduced by 50% and more. YOU SHOULD INCREASE YOUR FILTRATION TIME ACCORDINGLY.
If you use a cover, you should expose the surface of your pool water to the air 50% of the time. OTHERWISE, THE CHEMICALS DO NOT REACT
NORMALLY AND PROPER BALANCE CANNOT BE ATTAINED. Please be sure your pool cover is off on your service day. If you install a safety cover, please provide operating instructions for the service person.
This condition is a result of insufficient filtration or an indication of a problem with your filtration system.
Cloudy water can also occur when pool covers are left on
for extended periods of time.
Because some strains of algae are more resistant than others, please allow us a reasonable period to completely eradicate it. The more resistant black algae will turn gray as it starts to die and will eventually disappear.
Keeping the pool clean and brushing with your algae brush will aid in the treatment of the algae.
Customers who have automatic pool sweeps combined with our service tell us nearly all that remains is filter maintenance. If your pool is not equipped with one, you must brush and vacuum your pool.
SPAS AND HOT TUBS
Our service does not include treatment of spas or hot tubs. However, if the plumbing of your pool is connected to your spa, the chemicals should automatically circulate into the spa. IMPORTANT: Set your control valves so that spa water overflows the dam when spa is not in use.
SPARKLING SANITARY SWIMMING POOL
Swimming pool water requires proper water chemistry and proper filtration. Our service provides the proper water chemistry. You must provide the proper filtration. It is in your best interest to follow our filtration recommendations. Organic matter, dirt, urine and perspiration in your pool water are the cause of eye irritation.
SOLUTION TO EYE
1. Keep your pool clean.
2. Clean your filter as instructed under paragraph on filtration.
3. Take necessary steps to keep urine out of your pool (SIGNS HELP!)
4. Swimmers who have been perspiring should shower before swimming.
5. Follow our recommended hours of filtration.
6. Keep filter in good repair.
7. Follow our instructions for use of pool covers.
8. Water should be added AFTER you swim, NEVER BEFORE you swim!